UPDATE: DEC-29-2013 – Install video for Mac is out! Check it here: http://youtu.be/87R5l3HUbvU
UPDATE: JUN-19-2013 – Textures updated for Tekkit Lite 0.6.5!!!! Sexify Applied Energistics and more – use the same download link in the tutorial below!
UPDATE: JUN-19-2013 –
Just a note for our MAC users – there are lengthy explanations of how to do this procedure on a MAC in the comments below but PLEASE let us know if you’d like to see this done in VIDEO format! SEE THE VIDEO HERE: http://youtu.be/87R5l3HUbvU
For those who are on a Mac (totally awesome) but don’t have a proper zip file tool (totally common), or for those who aren’t sure how,
I have spliced together the Sphax PureBDCraft and Tekkit Lite (SMP) files into one glorious download for you. Simply download, drop into your texturepacks folder, load it up and you’re ready to go.
EDIT: Guys, for now you have to download the two files (linked here) and merge them together manually. Sphax doesn’t allow for third-party compilations of his un-modified source textures (totally understandable!) so I have updated the links for you and provided some steps for how to create the combined ZIP file. I know this method isn’t as fun and easy but for now it’s all that’s available. I’m working on a better solution (PM us if you code Java… Ingrimmm’s a little rusty)! Thanks to @crumbl3d for the note!
Looking to do this in Tekkit Classic? Check out our tutorial here.
Here’s a quick video that goes through all the steps in this Tutorial (see below) – check it out if you get stuck!
Creating a Sphax PureBDcraft with Tekkit Lite SMP texturepack
Follow the steps below to create your own fully-patched of the Sphax PureBDcraft texture pack with crumbl3d’s Tekkit Lite SMP texture patch! The basic idea is this, you need to take the two files and merge them into one so Minecraft knows how to load everything.
- Download the Sphax PureBDcraft base texturepack file
- Choose 128x, 64x, 32x, 16x (those are the only resolutions supported by the Tekkit Lite SMP texturepack)
- Choose the version for Minecraft 1.4.6/7 (that’s the current MC version with Tekkit Lite)
- Download the File as a ZIP file
- URL: http://bdcraft.net/download-purebdcraft-texturepack-for-minecraft
- Download the Patch files for Tekkit Lite SMP
- Choose the same resolution as the base Sphax from step 1.1 above (128x, 64x,32x, or 16x)
- Choose the version for Minecraft 1.4.6/7
- Download the file as a ZIP file
- Merge the Patch ZIP file with the Sphax Base ZIP file
- Open the Base Sphax zip file you just downloaded (I recommend using WinRAR)
- Open the Tekkit Lite SMP patch zip file you just downloaded
- Select and Copy all of the contents from the Tekkit Lite SMP Patch file into the base Sphax PureBDcraft file
- The order is important!
- Use the Update and Replace option when prompted (this should be the default option on WinRAR)
- Close both files
- They will save automatically, and the original, base Sphax PureBDcraft zip file has now been modified to include the Tekkit Lite textures
- Rename the base Sphax PureBDcraft zip file to reflect the fact that you have patched it
- i.e. “Sphax PureBDcraft 128x with Tekkit Lite SMP.zip”
- Take the newly awesomified zip file and drop it in your texture pack folder (see below for instructions on this)
- Open the tekkitlite texturepack folder
- see “How to Install” (below) for instructions on how to find it,
- -or- navigate (manually or with shift+command+g) to ~/Library/Application Support/techniclauncher/tekkitlite/texturepacks
- Inside, make yourself a new folder to put all the texture files
- e.g. name it “Sphax PureBDcraft with Tekkit Lite SMP”
- Unzip/Copy the base Sphax PureBDcraft texture zip into your folder
- Copy all of the zip file’s contents into the new folder (e.g. “Sphax PureBDcraft with Tekkit Lite SMP”) you just created
- Unzip/Copy the Tekkit Lite SMP patch zip file into your folder
- Copy all of the zip file’s contents into the same new folder (e.g. “Sphax PureBDcraft with Tekkit Lite SMP”)
- Don’t do a flat out “Replace” – there are some folders that have new subfolders you will need to manually copy in. Don’t worry it’s easy; there should be 2-3 folders that are impacted.
- Open the tekkitlite texturepack folder
Please note; as Tekkit Lite has just been released this pack is still under development (there are no 64x or 32x versions yet). We’ll keep posting the newer versions here because we use them too!
UPDATE: All the 128x, 64x, 32x and 16x versions are complete and up-to-date!
How to Install
Installation is easy; follow the steps below!
- Download the file (see above); make sure it stays in ZIP form – don’t let Safari or Firefox auto-unzip the zip file
- Open the techniclaunch folder
- Open Finder
- hit <shift>+<command>+G; or Go -> Go to Folder…
- type in ~/Library/Application Support/techniclauncher and hit <enter>
- Open Windows Explorer (<windows-key> + E)
- go to C:Usersyour_username_hereAppDataRoaming.techniclauncher
- You might need to show hidden folders to get there – or just type it into the file window
- open the tekkitlite folder,
- then open the texturepacks folder
- drop the texturepack (the ZIP file you downloaded) into the folder
- In Minecraft, click the Texture Packs (button) and choose the new texture pack zip file you just loaded
- Wait for Minecraft to get off its lazy butt and load the textures, then hit done, wait again, and you’re done!
Please note; we are NOT the original authors of any of this content. We have simply taken and merged the following two fruits of the labors of others, for the benefit of those who can’t or are unsure of how to merge such fruits into usefulness.
All Sphax PureBDCraft textures have been provided by Sphax : http://bdcraft.net/download-purebdcraft-texturepack-for-minecraft
AllTekkit Lite SMP textures are courtesy of Crumbl3d: http://bdcraft.net/forum/128x64x32x-tekkit-lite-smp-050-addon-pack