Sphax’s texture packs are awesome, but how can you use them with Tekkit and where can you download the file(s)? Easy! Let me walk you through getting this baby set up properly.
Looking for how to do this with Tekkit Lite? Check out our guide here.
NOTE: Sphax doesn’t allow third-party distribution of unmodified original texture files so for now you have to go through this process (below) of combining the files yourself. Ingrimmm and Cap’n Jack are working on a better solution for this!
Here is a video tutorial of how to create and install the modified texture pack.
Make sure to check below for step-by-step instructions and the necessary download links.
STEP 1: Downloading Sphax PureBDcraft (BASE) with Tekkit Classic SMP (PATCH)
Follow the steps below to create your own fully-patched version of the Sphax PureBDcraft texture pack with crumbl3d’s Tekkit Classic SMP texture patch! The basic idea is this, you need to take the two files and merge them into one so Minecraft knows how to load everything.
- Download the Sphax PureBDcraft base texturepack file
- Choose 128x, 64x, 32x, or 16x (those are the only resolutions supported by the Tekkit Classic SMP texturepack)
- Choose the version for Minecraft 1.2.5 (that’s the current MC version with Tekkit Classic)
- Download the File as a ZIP file
- URL: http://bdcraft.net/download-purebdcraft-texturepack-for-minecraft
- Download the Patch files for Tekkit Classic SMP
- Choose the same resolution as the base Sphax from step 1.1 above (128x, 64x, 32x, or 16x)
- Choose the version for Minecraft 1.2.5
- Download the file as a ZIP file
STEP 1.5: Fixing what is broken
Some of the items in the main patch might be missing – send us a note and we will add a second set of patch files for you that contain the missing textures (if we can). A good example is Railcraft – it’s broken in the main pack above, so download the extra patch file below and just merge it into BASE the same way you did for the big PATCH file.
Railcraft is busted in the patch file (above), just download one of these two files and merge them into BASE just like you do for the PATCH
STEP 2: Combining Sphax PureBDcraft (BASE) with Tekkit Classic (PATCH) files
- Merge the Patch ZIP file with the Sphax Base ZIP file
- Open the Base Sphax zip file you just downloaded (I recommend using WinRAR)
- Open the Tekkit Classic SMP patch zip file you just downloaded
- Select and Copy all of the contents from the Tekkit Classic SMP Patch file into the base Sphax PureBDcraft file
- The order is important!
- Use the Update and Replace option when prompted (this should be the default option on WinRAR)
- Close both files
- They will save automatically, and the original, base Sphax PureBDcraft zip file has now been modified to include the Tekkit Classic textures
- Rename the base Sphax PureBDcraft zip file to reflect the fact that you have patched it
- i.e. “Sphax PureBDcraft 128x with Tekkit Classic SMP.zip”
- Take the newly awesomified zip file and drop it in your texture pack folder (see below for instructions on this)
- Open the tekkit texturepack folder
- see “How to Install” (below) for instructions on how to find it,
- -or- navigate (manually or with shift+command+g) to ~/Library/Application Support/techniclauncher/tekkit/texturepacks
- Inside, make yourself a new folder to put all the texture files
- e.g. name it “Sphax PureBDcraft with Tekkit Classic SMP”
- Unzip/Copy the base Sphax PureBDcraft texture zip into your folder
- Copy all of the zip file’s contents into the new folder (e.g. “Sphax PureBDcraft with Tekkit Classic SMP”) you just created
- Unzip/Copy the Tekkit Classic SMP patch zip file into your folder
- Copy all of the zip file’s contents into the same new folder (e.g. “Sphax PureBDcraft with Tekkit Classic SMP”)
- Don’t use the “Replace All” option when copying – it will overwrite instead of merging. You’ll have to manually copy the last 2-3 folder contents over!
- Open the tekkit texturepack folder
STEP 3: Installing your combined Sphax PureBDcraft with Tekkit Lite SMP texturepack file into Minecraft
Installation is easy; follow the steps below!
- Download the file (see above); make sure it stays in ZIP form – don’t let Safari or Firefox auto-unzip the zip file
- Open the techniclaunch folder
- Open Finder
- hit <shift>+<command>+G; or Go -> Go to Folder…
- type in ~/Library/Application Support/techniclauncher and hit <enter>
- Open Windows Explorer (<windows-key> + E)
- go to C:Usersyour_username_hereAppDataRoaming.techniclauncher
- You might need to show hidden folders to get there – or just type it into the file window
- open the tekkit folder,
- then open the texturepacks folder
- drop the texturepack (the ZIP file you downloaded) into the folder
- In Minecraft, click the Texture Packs (button) and choose the new texture pack zip file you just loaded
- Wait for Minecraft to get off its lazy butt and load the textures, then hit done, wait again, and you’re done!
Please note; we are NOT the original authors of any of this content. We have simply taken and merged the following two fruits of the labors of others, for the benefit of those who can’t or are unsure of how to merge such fruits into usefulness.
All Sphax PureBDCraft textures have been provided by Sphax : http://bdcraft.net/download-purebdcraft-texturepack-for-minecraft
All Tekkit Classic SMP textures have been provided by their various authors, are being compiled by the community, and hosted by someone who is really cool: http://bdcraft.net/forum/128x64x32x-tekkit-smp-312-addon-pack