Sphax’s texture packs are awesome, and help to reduce the puke from normal Minecraft textures. So how can you use them with Voltz and where can you download the file(s)? Easy! Let’s get roarin’.
Here is a video tutorial showing how to get this built and running on Windows.
<iframe width=”560″ height=”315″ src=”//www.youtube.com/embed/qf_7c6NXkNM” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen></iframe>
or, for MAC
<iframe width=”560″ height=”315″ src=”//www.youtube.com/embed/87R5l3HUbvU” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen></iframe>
Look below the fold for download links and a complete walk-through.
Creating a Sphax PureBDcraft with Voltz texturepack
Follow the steps below to create your own fully-patched version of the Sphax PureBDcraft texture pack with the Voltz SMP texture patch! The basic idea is this, you need to take the two files and merge them into one so Minecraft knows how to load everything and make it look legit.
- Download the Sphax PureBDcraft base texturepack file
- Choose 128x, 64x, 32x, or 16x (those are the only resolutions supported by the Voltz texturepack)
- Choose the version for Minecraft 1.4.7 (that’s the current MC version with Voltz)
- Download the File as a ZIP file
- URL: http://bdcraft.net/download-purebdcraft-texturepack-for-minecraft
- Download the Patch files for Voltz
- Choose the same resolution as the base Sphax from step 1.1 above (128x, 64x, 32x, or 16x)
- Choose the version for Minecraft 1.4.7
- Download the file as a ZIP file
- URL: http://bdcraft.net/forum/universal-electricity-voltz-pack
- Merge the Patch ZIP file with the Sphax Base ZIP file
- Open the Base Sphax zip file you just downloaded (I recommend using WinRAR)
- Open the Voltz patch zip file you just downloaded
- Select and Copy all of the contents from the Voltz Patch file into the base Sphax PureBDcraft file
- The order is important!
- Use the Update and Replace option when prompted (this should be the default option on WinRAR)
- Close both files
- They will save automatically, and the original, base Sphax PureBDcraft zip file has now been modified to include the Voltz textures
- Rename the base Sphax PureBDcraft zip file to reflect the fact that you have patched it
- i.e. “Sphax PureBDcraft 128x with Voltz.zip”
- Take the newly awesomified zip file and drop it in your texture pack folder (see below for instructions on this)
- Open the voltz texturepack folder
- see “How to Install” (below) for instructions on how to find it,
- -or- navigate (manually or with shift+command+g) to ~/Library/Application Support/techniclauncher/voltz/texturepacks
- Inside, make yourself a new folder to put all the texture files
- e.g. name it “Sphax PureBDcraft with Voltz”
- Unzip/Copy the base Sphax PureBDcraft texture zip into your folder
- Copy all of the zip file’s contents into the new folder (e.g. “Sphax PureBDcraft with Voltz”) you just created
- Unzip/Copy the Voltz patch zip file into your folder
- Copy all of the zip file’s contents into the same new folder (e.g. “Sphax PureBDcraft with Voltz”)
- Don’t select “Replace” if asked, choose the option to ignore. You’ll have to go back and copy those guys in manually – you don’t want to overwrite anything!
- Open the voltz texturepack folder
Don’t know how to finish the installation? Check for installation details below the fold.
How to Install
Installation is easy; follow the steps below!
- Download the file (see above); make sure it stays in ZIP form – don’t let Safari or Firefox auto-unzip the zip file
- Open the techniclaunch folder
- Open Finder
- hit <shift>+<command>+G; or Go -> Go to Folder…
- type in ~/Library/Application Support/techniclauncher and hit <enter>
- Open Windows Explorer (<windows-key> + E)
- go to C:Usersyour_username_hereAppDataRoaming.techniclauncher
- You might need to show hidden folders to get there – or just type it into the file window
- open the voltz folder,
- then open the texturepacks folder
- drop the texturepack (the ZIP file you downloaded) into the folder
- In Minecraft, click the Texture Packs (button) and choose the new texture pack zip file you just loaded
- Wait for Minecraft to get off its lazy butt and load the textures, then hit done, wait again, and you’re done!
Please note; we are NOT the original authors of any of this content. We have simply taken and merged the following two fruits of the labors of others, for the benefit of those who can’t or are unsure of how to merge such fruits into usefulness.
All Sphax PureBDCraft textures have been provided by Sphax : http://bdcraft.net/download-purebdcraft-texturepack-for-minecraft
All Voltz textures have been provided by their various authors, are being compiled by the community, and hosted by someone who is really cool: http://bdcraft.net/forum/universal-electricity-voltz-pack